Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Isen't it funny how people change?

I'm home for the summer, and I have begun to notice how much some childhood friends have changed in the past two years, mostly for the worse. One has got pregnant at 18 (unplanned), one tried to kill herself, one is always into trouble with the law and they all have zero aspiration and have limited education. I used to hang around with them when I was younger and we had a great time but when there was a time to grow up and to start thinking outside of our hometown, its seems that non of them cared. It was the same with my older sister's friends (they all got pregnant at a young age, no college) and she's got a degree a living in the city, i'm so proud of her and really respect her for respecting herself. When the girl who tried to kill herself was in hospital, i visited her and told her to give me a call sometime to hang out (trying to support her) because I haven't got to hang out with her because i live somewhere else during college months. Its really awkward now when i see her because we don't hang out. And she doesn't make an effort either so i don't care. I feel bad the way things have turned out..its just I have always been different to them in that I hold education very highly and they dont really care. I have a best friend who lives at home and we both used to hang out with them but not anymore (she's also going to college next year) Its funny....Where I live it sucks sometimes because there is not many people to look up to (they are kind of wasters) and have the same aspirations and things in common, whereas when im in college I click with people more and have waay more in common with them. I have 3 months in my hometown, and I can't wait to go back to college! Anybody else have this problem?? What do ye think I should do..Thanks for reading! :DIsen't it funny how people change?
Yep went through the same thing when I left home.



You're growing and changing, they're not.



I didn't understand and I thought it was frightening, but I realized years ago that I have no right to think less of them or their lives.



We were there for each other for as long as we needed to be, all of us. Now they don't need me, and I don't need them, but the older you get the more you realize no one may ever know you better than the friends you had back then (or are around now).



It's why the poet said ';you can never go home again.'; I tried to hang out but it was never really the same again, never got the closeness back.Isen't it funny how people change?
depends who it is
u know what time had been changed,and u know some parents are tough about raising their kids but at the same time some dnt care because they been thinking on they talked to kids one and twice they dnt listen den now they say that's enough let them do their things then they see the result tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment