Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do i improve my sound on alto saxophone without changing mouthpiece or saxophone.?

how do i get the best i can get out my student horn and mouthpiece.how do i practice be specific.i already know to listen to sounds of professionals but its hard when there are so many instruments playing.please give me an easy simple way to improve sound that doesnt require going buyin expensive accessoriesHow do i improve my sound on alto saxophone without changing mouthpiece or saxophone.?
you really just have to practice lots and lots of times. Even just by yourself at home where its quiet.How do i improve my sound on alto saxophone without changing mouthpiece or saxophone.?
Long tones each day will help, look up some exercises on google you might find some good ones.

And make sure your top lip is super super tight against your front teeth, and be careful not to pinch on your mouthpiece too hard.



A good mouthpiece really does help sound without even changing the horn. I use a Selmer C* for classical, and Meyer 6 M for jazz and they're both really great.



Also, a lesson teacher is really helpful.



good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment