Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I need to get rid of my emotional baggage but I don't know how?

Almost five months ago I got out of a year and a half relationship and it was bad, for the last year of our relationship i feel like he did nothing but emotionally scar me. I should have left him when all of it started but I didn't see it then all I knew was that I loved him and I wanted to be with him. He told me things like I wasn't pretty, I was a whore, I would never find another guy who would treat me as good as he treated me, I was a bad girlfriend and that I wasn't good enough for him.



Every time we got into a fight and I would try and brake up with him he always got me to change my mind and make me feel like I was the bad one in the relationship. The night before we broke up I was trying to brake up with him and he talked me into staying and the next night he broke up with me saying ';He wanted to f*ck other girls and he would be back in two months.';



It broke my heart hearing him say that and I know now that I was stupid for saying with him as long as I did but I wanted to believe I found the person I was going to spend my life with. The brake up was hard I was crying everyday for two weeks and having trouble eating and sleeping and to top it off he was STILL playing games with me. One day he would be saying ho much he loves me and misses me and the next day he would be saying how he wants to be friends. Twice he even said he wanted to get back together with me and I wanted FOUR HOURS for him to show up and he never did. I finally got to the point where I realized I could do so much better then him and I told him to delete my number because I never wanted to hear from him again, and we haven't talked since.



I'm in another relationship now and I'm trying to start over and overcome my past but in the back of my head I can't help feeling like this relationship is going to turn out like my last and I'm so scared to go through that again. I know this guy is nothing like my ex but I'm scared and I'm scared my emotional baggage is going to push him away. So do you have any tips on how I can overcome my past and drop my baggage?I need to get rid of my emotional baggage but I don't know how?
I would suggest talking to your new boyfriend about it....unless you think that would freak him out too much, maybe you could vent to your friends?? In my expirience, talking it out (sometimes several times) really makes things better :)



and by stopping communication with him, that was a good move; you knew he was no good, and you finally made it more official that you weren't just breaking up with him, but that you were also breaking off any connection with him; it was for the best; don't ever doubt that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment