Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grounded for 2 months.. how can I change my dad's mind?

I skipped school today, my mom dropped me off and when she left, I decided not to go at all. I'm not one to skip school, I haven't done it at all this year. But lately my grades have dropped drastically I went from being an A+ student to a C- in half a year. I had an English test and I didn't study at all last night so I skipped. The school called my parents at work, and told them I wasn't at school today. My mom called me probably over 20 times and I didn't answer cause I knew it wasn't going to go very well.. I ended up answering after like 25 calls and she told me to wait until my dad gets home which is going to be a lot worst, he hates it when I miss school. All she told me was that I was grounded for a minimum of two months, and she said she doesn't even know if that's enough.


I've never gotten grounded before, I've never done anything bad enough to get grounded. Me being grounded consists for no internet for 2 months, no cell phone, coming home straight from school, and basically staying at home minus school. My dad hasn't been happy with me during the last few weeks because my grades have been dropping so It's not really a surprise, I just reaaally don't want to be grounded for 2 months.





Oh, and to make matters worst I haven't showed neither of my parents my report card that I receieved 1 month ago, I went from an A+ to almost failing in half a semester. My mom has been asking for it everyday.. since I finished my exams and I've been telling her that I was going to get it at the end of February, and today before I skipped I said I'd get it before March break.





I probably had the most stupid excuse ever, she asked me why I skipped and I told her I hated my school and that I wanted to move back to my old school which just made it even worst. If I were to tell her I didn't study it would've been 10x worst.





How can I change my dad's mine? I wouldn't mine 2 weeks or so but 2 months is in April, and yeah I've learned not to skip school anymore after this.Grounded for 2 months.. how can I change my dad's mind?
we've been talking about this for a bit lol





i told you what i'd do and did whne i skipped, and skipping isnt a good thing. At the end of the day you need to do your workd laura ive been telling you for awhile :P but i think its something different, an inner depression i got this whne i was also skipping school for a long time. I told you about my drug abuse and although i told you about weed i havent told you that i use to smoke cigarettes and use to do mushrooms. i got depressed after doing drugs all the time and also cuz i knew i was going down the wrong path, but thats where our difference lies laura, you have scricter parents than me, well actually my mum was probably 10 times worse then your dad but thats besides the point thats another story, but my dad (who i live with) is very chill and easygoing. i suggest actually writing a plan and planning what you need to do with your parents, sit down and talk about whats the matter tell the things you've told me if you havent already just open up to them about your feelings with moving and also about the school your going to and life in general. you probably wont do what i suggest but really i think its your best bet, you might not think it will help but i guarantee you both of your parents will respect you alot more if you sit down and talk with them about your problems and what you BOTH as a neutral family want to do about it. even though at the end of the day it is and always will be YOUR decision to do things talking with loved ones will always help. and getting it from neutrals on Y!A is also a good way, but loved ones is the easiest way as you both can understand where your coming from.





laura your a good girl starting to go down a dark path like i did, not on the same road but on a road just as bumpy, you need a figure out a way to turn it around and go back into the sun and the happiness as you've once had.





one loveGrounded for 2 months.. how can I change my dad's mind?
wow...im speechless Laura, what's wrong with you girl??





education is the most important thing in the world, and i'm serious.





i haven't told anyone this but i lost 5 soccer scholarships because of academic inegibility. ( i didn't take school seriously my senior year)





keep those grades up
try saying sorry, and say idk why i skipped i just felt a urge to try it, i wont ever do it again. it works with my mom xD but shes really easy to sweet talk
I don't think it will be that easy to change his mind if he's set on it , i don't think he'l keep it at 2 months i think he knows that's slightly to long





you could always say you just didn't get enough revision done rather than none at all and you wanted to stay off to finish it





i meen even if you told him all your friends were on the net and they would be thinking you died if you were off 2 months he might lower it a bit lol
Just say I'm really sorry I skipped school because I didn't really feel like going, I just felt weird, idk something like that. Tell them I shouldn't have done it and it won't happen again.





Don't skip anymore!
=O OMG Laura ... I'm shocked!!!





First off, stop skipping classes and exams ... tell ur parents everything ... be honest and tell them abt your dropped grades right now .. show em your report cards .. they will find out abt your grades sooner or later .. so the sooner the better ..


My younger brother is in a similar situation right now .. skipping classes .. skipping exams.. and he was an A student .. he went down to getting C's ... and his teachers send my parents emails abt all this .. dont skip .... dont lie .. dont hide anything from your parents .. it'll only make matters worse than they already are!





Abt getting grounded, tell your parents that you had a broken heart after you found out that Cristiano Ronaldo was cheating on you with Rooney ..


That's gotta work!
Did u skip school for the footy games?


tell them you'll never do it again.


I haven't been grounded since like 6th grade and it was only for 3 days lmao
Behave and get your grades up that's the only thing I can see that would work. You have to make sure you don't do one thing wrong while your grounded.
Your parents have taken this very seriously and rightly so. Find out why your grades have gone for A+ to C- in half a year, and fix the problems.





It seems to me like the only way you can get your 'ground time' reduced is to show some effort and initiative.





One, talk to your parents and let it all out - your hidden report card and everything.





Two, promise that you will work really hard at your studies from now.





Three, keep the promise, and get the good grades and the good times back.





2 months seems like a long time for skipping school, but everybody's trying to get your education back on track, and you must co-operate.





Education is very, very important. More important than maybe anything else (except family). Yes, it is more important than football too. Miss a World Cup game if it means an A+ in the next exam.





For if you do really well at studies and miss a World Cup game now, your future will be set and you can watch all the footy games you want, which is better than screwing up your studies now and slogging the rest of your life to put things together.





Your parents only want their daughter to do well in studies like she used to.
ok Laura listen, I have been in bad situations too when i was younger, but i ALWAYS know how to get back to my normal life in a smart way.


here is an advice for u, first of all get ur mom and ur dad together and tell them that u have something important to say.


show them the report card first of all (because laura sooner or later they gonna see it, so its better if u show it to them byurself asap), show it to them and say I am really sorry for taking long time to show it but it is because I knew u would get mad.


try to fake a cry or drop some tears while talking to them, say mom, dad I KNOW that what I did is wrong and I am really so sorry, I would never ever do that again and I promise you, and if i ever do then you can ground me for as long as u want.(remember try to fake a cry)


I havent been studying very much lately because there was something on tv that i was watching too much so I didnt study enough for a test, thats why i skipped school last time, but now I swear I will turn my attention 100% to studying like I USED to and u will see big improvment in my next report card. Mom, dad i am so sorry for what i did (while crying) and comming to hug them.


Please give me ONE chance and only ONE chance and you will see big improvment in everything.








The key Laura is you admitting to them that what u did is wrong and that you will give 100% to make everything better, DONT EVER deny or arguie with anything they say, just tell them what THEY WANT to hear. thats the secret.


Try to do what i said laura and im sure 90% chance they will forgive u.


good luck and try to tell me what happen :)
this happened to me during high school. i started hanging out with ';cooler'; plp and my grades went downhill. by the next school year i realized it was stupid b/c there is a way to balance everything, all u have to do is do the minimum amount of effort to pull of a B, be nice to your teachers even though u hate them, copy on tests that u wont get in too much trouble if caught, and be honest as well as mature around your parents. when you dad tells u that u r grounded act serious, regretful, and depressed, dont start crying or anything like that b/c that will make him feel more in power.
oh dear! they really do take skippin class very serious in the us! or are you very young?


well my sister had this problem, but she almost never went to school and her grades sucked and then she dropped out.


trust me, you don't want to follow in her footsteps! not dealing with this now will only give you more problems later..


just suck it up, be mature and take your punishment! sit home and study, cause the grade thing is really not good! it probably makes your parents very sad to see this happening to their daughter :(
if ur really grounded y r u on da internet rite now? im confused:( Sorry about ur problem but other people have worse problems than being grounded:/

No comments:

Post a Comment