Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I explain to a vegetarian that I can't be a vegetarian?

I have a friend how is vegetarian and is always pushing me to change also but I can't eat a lot of Soy (it makes me really sick)so this is not an option for me but for some reason he just doesn't get it.How can I explain to a vegetarian that I can't be a vegetarian?
Just tell them Soy makes you sick simple as that...just say you'll try and eat more greens and cut down your meat intakeHow can I explain to a vegetarian that I can't be a vegetarian?
You don't have to eat a lot of Soy to become a vegetarian. So whether you feel like being a vegetarian or not, there's nothing influencing your decision.
Ask her why it is that he wants you to be a vegetarian so badly. Is it for health? The inhumane treatment of animals?


Once you find out you can discuss your feelings ( I don't know what those are btw) and explain that soy makes you feel sick.





Just so you know there are many vegans and vegetarians that have soy allergies. I figure you aren't looking to become one, but the option is still there.
Why do you have to explain yourself at all? Your friend has a right to be vegetarian, but you have an equal right to be an omnivore. If he keeps pushing you, he's not much of a friend, and you should find another. I wouldn't hang around with anyone who harangued me about anything.
You don't need to apologize for your diet to anyone. Tell your ';friend'; to back off and leave it alone.
Soy is not necessary to be a vegetarian. I don't eat it.
There are many vegans and vegetarians who do not eat soy. Why do think you need soy? There are tons of other foods to eat! If you are concerned about protein....don't be! It's about the single most simple bundle of amino acids to get. Beans, legumes, whole grains, fibrous veggies, etc.
Tell him straight out to back off. Tell him you don't try to force your life style on him, that his constant actions will soon be the cause for you to avoid him completely. Now if he does not back off, then he has absolutely no respect for you as a friend, and that he does not value you as a living breathing human being. Also, let him know that 99.99% of all organic and non organic vegetables are grown in ground fertilized with animal bone meal that is considered world wide as ';organic'; fertilizer. So his eating those veggies is directly contributing to the slaughter of millions of animals, to get off his frigging horse with his morals, and leave you be.


I have meat and non meat eating friends and at no time have I ever preach either way to them, though I have preached to both about controlling their sodium and cholesterol intakes, and there is a ton of sodium in soy sauce. Good luck!
He sounds like he's being a jerk about it. Your friend shouldn't force their diet choices on you. If you don't go vegetarian, thats fine. Tell them you make your own decisions, but do state reasons that are more supportable than ';too much soy,'; as not all vegetarians/vegans eat soy.


You don't need to eat a lot of soy, though things like soy lecithin are in nearly everything. Occassionally, a couple times a month, I'll have edamame. I'm guessing you mean soy fake meats? I've had a Boca burger once in my life. They're a last resort for me, and I usually don't have any in the house. I've never had soymilk either, but I occassionally have soy ice cream.


There are lots of options besides fake meats for anyone who's willing to try something new and look up a recipe or two. Most people buy them because they're just convenient and easy to prepare.
Vegetarianism doesn't mean eat soy. Soy is a product like any other. Its one plant. Unfortunately, soy is subsidized like corn and its in everything, like corn.





I would say it would be pretty hard to tell a vegetarian you don't want to be vegetarian, but after a while I think the person would give up. On you atleast.
Vegetarians don't have to eat soy. So stop making excuses Man up and admit you are a savage barbarian who only cares about there gut and what hangs from it
It's not that you ';can't'; be vegetarian; it's that you don't want to. Just tell your friend to stop telling you how to live your life. It's your decision.





What does soy have to do with anything? I'm vegetarian and I don't eat soy.
I'm not trying to make you become a vegetarian but not all vegetarians eat soy products so that's not really a good reason.


Try telling your friend that you don't like how they're pushing their beliefs on you and how would they like it if you did the same back to them?


I'm a vegetarian but I'm respectful of people who eat meat unless they get disrespectful to me about it first.


Tell them that you'll be respectful of their choice to be vegetarian as long as they're respectful of yours too.
You don't have to eat soy to be vegetarian.





But you don't have to be vegetarian just because this person is pushy.
I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat soy. But I'd just say, ';I respect your beliefs on animal rights (if that's why they're a vegetarian, like me), but for health reasons I cannot become a vegetarian.';
You don't have to eat lots of soy to be vegetarian. But your friend shouldn't be shoving his views on you. It's great that he's vegetarian, but you don't have to be one if you don't want to. You could say something like ';I (you) respect your (his) views, and the fact you're vegetarian, but I can't be vegetarian as soy makes me sick.'; I'm vegetarian, but all of my family eat meat and I don't mind at all. But I do get pissed when my brother chases me around with bacon. He doesn't even mind that much that I'm veggie, he just thinks it's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment